Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Babysitter

Ok so Q has been babysat by family before, and my fabulous visiting teacher who is always SO GREAT to watch her (THANK YOU JESSICA) but she has never had a babysitter...like the kind that comes over and I leave and then I come home pay the sitter and she goes home. Well it finally happened...May 27th!! I was SO SO SO nervous!! honestly - and I'm not sure why, I knew it would be fine - not sure whether i'm nervous for Q or for the babysitter to have to deal with Q =) AHAHAHAHA
Anyhoo - Q's first official sitter was Lilly Perkins...and let me tell you - she was freak'n awesome!!!
So Q will usually go down around 730 or 8 for the night and Lilly wasn't going to come over until 830 so I thought sweet - she can just come and chill and it won't be major at all. Of course that night Q REFUSES to go to sleep - so Lilly comes over at 830 and i'm rocking Q so we just chat for a while waiting for B to get home so him and I can go. B calls and Q totally starts fussing while I'm on the phone and Lilly just comes up and takes Q and goes and plays with her...honestly I was so impressed...maybe cuz I was NEVER a babysitter - but wow...she just took charge and was SO GOOD with Q! Then as B and I are getting all the photo booth stuff loaded Q is totally fussing and stuff and Lilly looks at me and says "It's ok, I'll get her to go to sleep"!! It was so dang cute and funny at the same time - WORD - I might have her come over every night and put her to sleep =)
So ya i get home a few hours later and Lilly is just chillen on the couch - said everything went totally fine and Q went to sleep not too long after i had left. LILLY - YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!
I know it's totally gay that I was so nervous, I was only gone for a few hours...but after the way Lilly handled everything - I was SO impressed!!!!
HOORAH for amazing babysitters!!! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment